Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the gift that keeps on giving.

About a year ago I was at my favorite coffee shop with a friend and after doing our homework and mostly just watching we packed up our things and started to head out.  On my way to the door a man, who had been there since before we got there and had his work spread out over a large table stopped me to talk.  By work I mean his paints, brushes, sketch pads, and water color sheets.  We chatted for a while and he was telling me about what he does and how he just likes to go there to paint and everyone knows him because that is just where he finds peace.  I say I have to go and he asks me if I want one of his paintings. YES!  He lets me look through his book and tells me I can have anyone I want.  I pick one out and he tells me the intention behind it and sends me on my way.  I've had the painting up in my room since then and it has become a bit of a funny joke about that one time I got stopped just to talk and walked away with a free painting.
About a week ago I was again at my favorite coffee shop and he was there again.  He didn't recognize me, which I expected but I was able to watch him find his peace from a distance and enjoy his environment and let his creativity flow through his brush.  I like meeting people twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment